Exploring AutoZone Parts: Are They Aftermarket or Genuine OEM?
If you’re a car owner, you’re probably familiar with AutoZone. It’s a popular store chain that sells various car parts and accessories. But one common question among car owners is whether AutoZone parts are aftermarket or genuine OEM. In this article, we’ll explore this question in depth and provide you with the necessary information to help you make informed decisions when purchasing car parts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Are AutoZone parts aftermarket?
Yes, AutoZone carries both genuine OEM and aftermarket parts.
Aftermarket parts are made by third-party manufacturers and not by the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) of your vehicle. However, AutoZone makes sure that the aftermarket parts they carry meet or exceed OE performance. This means that they are designed to provide the same quality and reliability as genuine OEM parts, which are made by the automaker that produced your vehicle.
Q: What are the advantages of buying aftermarket parts?
There are several advantages to buying aftermarket parts:
- Lower cost: Aftermarket parts are generally cheaper than genuine OEM parts, making them a more affordable option for car owners.
- Availability: Since aftermarket manufacturers specialize in making car parts, they are usually able to produce and supply parts faster and in greater quantities than OEMs.
- Customizability: Aftermarket parts often have more options in terms of style, design, and functionality, allowing car owners to customize their vehicles to their liking.
Q: What are the advantages of buying genuine OEM parts?
While aftermarket parts have their advantages, there are also reasons why car owners prefer to buy genuine OEM parts:
- Quality assurance: Genuine OEM parts are made by the automaker that produced your vehicle, ensuring that they fit and function perfectly with your car.
- Warranty coverage: Using genuine OEM parts usually ensures that your vehicle’s warranty remains intact.
- Peace of mind: Some car owners prefer to stick to the same parts that their car was built with, believing that it provides the best performance and reliability.
Q: How can I tell if an AutoZone part is aftermarket or genuine OEM?
If you’re unsure whether a part at AutoZone is aftermarket or genuine OEM, you can ask the store associate for assistance. AutoZone carries both types of parts and they should be able to provide you with the information you need. Additionally, most genuine OEM parts will have the automaker’s logo or branding on the part itself or on the packaging.
Q: Is it safe to use aftermarket parts on my vehicle?
Yes, as long as you are purchasing from a reputable seller, like AutoZone, the aftermarket parts should be safe to use on your vehicle. AutoZone carries parts that meet or exceed OE performance, ensuring that they provide the same level of quality and consistency as genuine OEM parts. It’s important to also ensure that the aftermarket part you’re purchasing is compatible with your specific make and model of car.
Q: Can I return AutoZone parts?
Yes, AutoZone has a liberal return policy that allows you to return parts within 90 days of purchase, as long as they are in their original condition and packaging. However, some exclusions apply, so it’s best to check with your local store or their website for their specific return policy.
AutoZone is a reputable seller of both aftermarket and genuine OEM parts, making it a convenient one-stop shop for car owners. Aftermarket parts offer several advantages in terms of cost, availability, and customizability, while genuine OEM parts provide quality assurance, warranty coverage, and peace of mind. Before making a purchase, it’s important to consider your specific needs and preferences as well as the compatibility of the part with your vehicle. And if you’re unsure, don’t hesitate to ask an AutoZone associate for assistance.
Featured images courtesy of Pexels.